UVM Medical Center Health Network Medical Group Awards
UVMHN Medical Group Educational Scholarship Award
A mission of the University Health Center (UHC) Trust is to maintain innovation and excellence in teaching. To support this mission, UHC and the University of Vermont Health Network (UVMHN) Medical Group have committed up to $50,000 for one educational grant to support faculty-initiated educational research. UHC, the UVMHN Medical Group and the UVM Larner College of Medicine (LCOM) have developed this Request for Proposal (RFP) with specific targeted goals to:
1. Align the academic missions of UHC, UVMHN, and LCOM
2. Develop, improve, or innovate effective teaching and assessment methods
3. Promote academic activity for physicians at all stages of their career progression
4. Promote mentorship and collaboration among physicians
5. Encourage educational scholarship
6. Encourage interdisciplinary, interprofessional, and collaborative efforts
7. Improve on existing organizational strengths and programs
Awards: One award of $50,000 over a two-year period will be available.
Eligibility: Direction by a PI who is a member of the UVMHN Medical Group with a faculty appointment.
PIs are encouraged to include other UVMHN Medical Group members and health professional colleagues within the UVM Health Network.
UVMHN Medical Group Educator of the Year Awards
Teaching Academy Teaching Award Review Committee will solicit nominations from
the Continuing Medical and Interprofessional Education (CMIE) department and
the Graduate Medical Education (GME) department each August.
Eligibility: Recipient must be a member of the UVMHN Medical Group Faculty Practice Division.
Awardees will be recognized at the annual Teaching Academy New Member Induction and Awards Ceremony.