We are pleased to offer a Seminar Series customized to the needs of our members. We showcase the expertise of our colleagues through lunchtime presentations that keep our membership informed on the latest developments and trends in health care with a focus on rurality. Panels consisting of leaders in their fields from Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire present on a variety topics that address research and best medical practices ensuring equitable health services delivery throughout Northern New England. Check out our events page for details on our upcoming seminars!
Topics for our seminars include:
- addressing healthcare delivery challenges in our region
- communication strategies for rural health services
- impacts of COVID on our communities
- recent changes and advances in regional health
- telehealth in northern New England
- tri-state health plans and policies
Announcements and links for seminars are sent via our members listserv. Join now to receive these updates and more! In the meantime, save the following Fridays from 12-1pm on your calendars to attend the 2022-23 NNE-CTR Seminar Series.
FALL 2022: 9/23, 10/28, 11/4, 12/9
SPRING 2023: 2/10, 2/24, 3/10, 3/24, 4/14, 4/28, 5/12, 5/26
Topics and Speakers will be updated soon!
Have an idea for a seminar topic?
Email us to let us know what topics you want to learn about next, which speakers you'd love to hear, or if you have expertise to share on a future panel!
Recent Past Seminars
Click any of the titles below to watch our most recent past seminars, or visit our YouTube page to see our entire collection of past seminars and presentations!
- May 27, 2022: Alexa Craig, MD (MaineHealth); Tracy Jalbuena, MD (MaineHealth); Charles MacLean, MD (UVM-LCOM); Matthew Siket, MD (UVM-LCOM); "Telehealth Advances in the COVID-19 Era"
- May 13, 2022: Matthew Dugan, PhD (UVM) and Maureen Boardman, ARNP (Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth); "The Transdisciplinary Approach to Effective Health Communication"
- April 22, 2022: Roy Beckford, PhD (UVM Cooperative Extension) and Hanna Carter, PhD (MaineHealth Cooperative Extension);"A History of Proactive Persistence: Extension's Approach to the COVID-19 Pandemic and New Realities"
- April 8, 2022: Drs. Laura Blaisdell, MD MPH (MaineHealth) and Wendy Davis, MD (Vermont Child Health Improvement Program); "The Impacts of COVID-19 on Child Health Services"
- March 25, 2022: Adriane Burke, MPH, Melanie Feinberg, and Sharon Mallory, MPH; State Departments of Health and Comprehensive Cancer Control Programs; "Cancer Prevention & Control in Northern New England: Comprehensive Cancer Control"
- December 17, 2021: Dr. Mark Levine, MD, FACP; Commissioner of the VT Department of Health; "The COVID-19 Pandemic: Current Status & Future Projections"
- 2021: Dr. Valerie Harder, PhD; UVM Center on Rural Addiction; "Concerns and Beliefs about Substance Use and Treatment among Northern New England Practitioners"
- 2021: Dr. Douglas R Lowy, MD; Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute; "Recent and Future Advances in Reducing HPV-Associated Cancers by Vaccination and Screening"