Come see what we're up to--and walk away with new knowledge, ideas, and connections.
The NNE-CTR Seminar Series is your chance to learn and network. These online lunchtime presentations and Q&A sessions run from 12:00-1:00 and keep our members informed on the latest developments and trends in healthcare with a focus on rurality.
Panels consisting of leaders in their fields from Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, and beyond present on a variety of topics that address research and best medical practices to help us all work toward the delivery of equitable health services throughout our region. ensuring equitable health services delivery throughout Northern New England. Check out our events page for details on our upcoming seminars.
Topics for our seminars include:
- addressing healthcare delivery challenges in our region
- communication strategies for rural health services
- impacts of COVID on our communities
- recent changes and advances in regional health
- telehealth in northern New England
- tri-state health plans and policies
Announcements and links for seminars are sent via our members listserv. Join now to receive these updates and more.
FALL 2023 Dates and Topics below:
November 10, 2023: Data Acquisition & Analysis at the Vermont Department of Health
December 15, 2023: Mental Health in 2023 - Risks & Opportunities
SPRING 2024 Dates and Topics Coming Soon!
Have an idea for a seminar topic?
Email us to let us know what topics you want to learn about next, which speakers you'd love to hear, or if you have expertise to share on a future panel!
Click any of the titles below to watch our past seminars, or visit our YouTube page.
- May 26, 2023: Dr. Aurora Quaye (MH) "Findings & Next Steps on a Study on Pain Control & Post-Operative Opioid Use"
- April 28, 2023: Dr. Abby Fleish (MH); Alyson Byard, Western Maine Primary Care; "Implementation of the Bright Bodies Program for Childhood Obesity: Helping Kids and Their Families Stay Health and Have Fun"
- April 14, 2023: Dr. Jan Carney (UVM); "Community Engagement & Outreach in the NNE-CTR: The What, Why and How"
- March 24, 2023: Dr. Frances Carr (UVM); Dr. Aaron Brown (MHIR); Dr. Doug Taatjes (UVM) "Microcalorimetry & Spatial Omics: Emerging Technologies in the NNE-CTR Translational Research Technology Core"
- March 10, 2023: Dr. Jon Porter (UVM Osher Center for Integrative Medicine) "Creating an Integrative, Effective & Financially Sustainable Program for Individuals with Chronic Pain - Experience and Outcomes at the University of Vermont"
- February 10, 2023: Raimond L. Winslow, PhD, (The Roux Institute at Northeastern University) "Life Sciences and Medical Research Opportunities at the Roux Institute"
- December 9, 2022: Clifford Rosen, MD (MaineHealth Research Institute) "Long Covid: Where Are We?"
- November 4, 2022: Meredith Niles, PhD (UVM Dept of Nutrition & Food Sciences); Jennifer Laurent,PhD, PNP-BC, APRN (UVM Dept of Nursing)' Emily Bellarmino, PhD (UVM Dept of Nutrition & Food Sciences) "Assessing the Food Security and Health Impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Rural New England"
- October 28, 2022: Douglas R. Lowy, MD (National Institute of Health/National Cancer Institute) "Restoring the Momentum in Cancer Prevention: HPV Initiatives"
- September 23, 2022: Mark Levine, MD, FACP (Commissioner of Vermont Department of Health); "A Plethora of Viral Outbreaks, From Antiquity to Completely Novel: The Public HEalth Perspective"
- June 10, 2022: Frances Carr, MD (UVM Dept of Pharmacology and Cancer Center); Aaron Brown, MD (MaineHealth); Doug Taatjes, PhD, (UVM BIomedical Shared Resources); "Trends in Translational Research Technologies"
- June 3, 2022: Adam Atherly, PhD (UVM BioChemistry Dept); Yvonne Jonk, PhD (University of Southern Maine); Kathleen Fairfield, MD, MPD, DRPH, MaineHealth); "RADx in our Region: Expanding Access to COVID Testing"
- May 27, 2022: Alexa Craig, MD (MaineHealth); Tracy Jalbuena, MD (MaineHealth); Charles MacLean, MD (UVM-LCOM); Matthew Siket, MD (UVM-LCOM); "Telehealth Advances in the COVID-19 Era"
- May 13, 2022: Matthew Dugan, PhD (UVM) and Maureen Boardman, ARNP (Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth); "The Transdisciplinary Approach to Effective Health Communication"
- April 22, 2022: Roy Beckford, PhD (UVM Cooperative Extension) and Hanna Carter, PhD (MaineHealth Cooperative Extension);"A History of Proactive Persistence: Extension's Approach to the COVID-19 Pandemic and New Realities"
- April 8, 2022: Drs. Laura Blaisdell, MD MPH (MaineHealth) and Wendy Davis, MD (Vermont Child Health Improvement Program); "The Impacts of COVID-19 on Child Health Services"
- March 25, 2022: Adriane Burke, MPH, Melanie Feinberg, and Sharon Mallory, MPH; State Departments of Health and Comprehensive Cancer Control Programs; "Cancer Prevention & Control in Northern New England: Comprehensive Cancer Control"
- December 17, 2021: Dr. Mark Levine, MD, FACP; Commissioner of the VT Department of Health; "The COVID-19 Pandemic: Current Status & Future Projections"
- 2021: Dr. Valerie Harder, PhD; UVM Center on Rural Addiction; "Concerns and Beliefs about Substance Use and Treatment among Northern New England Practitioners"
- 2021: Dr. Douglas R Lowy, MD; Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute; "Recent and Future Advances in Reducing HPV-Associated Cancers by Vaccination and Screening"