MEDICAL STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
Senior Series (Preparing for Education Loan Repayment)
Medical Student Financial Services offers exit loan counseling via our "Senior Series" - a number of webinars, group sessions, and guided conversations tailored just for you! While the Senior Series is geared toward those in their fourth year, students from ALL levels are welcome to attend. We believe debt counseling should occur throughout your entire medical education, not just the very end.
No matter your cohort, you will receive important information regarding:
- Your Loan Portfolio: Know What You Owe, Servicers, and Your Loan Types
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Repayment Plan Options: income-based, standard, graduated... so many options!
- Refinancing vs. Consolidation (there is a difference!)
- Mortgages for Residents and Physicians
- Living on a Resident Salary
- Choosing a Financial Pro
- Return of Investment: Viewing Education Debt as a Positive
- AND MORE!
After the senior series (or at any point), you are encouraged to meet one-on-one with Medical Student Financial Services. In these meetings, we can identify your long-term goals and discuss an individualized plan so that you are confident in your debt repayment strategies.