The CRC Informatics Core is available to investigators with protocols using the CRC and to those who request support for more limited services such as assistance with data entry or analysis. Workstations are provided in the "CRC Workstation Room" (Shepardson 216) for the use of investigators and coordinators performing studies on the CRC.
- Advice on data collection, management, and analysis
- Assistance with database and survey design
- Assistance with using software provided on or by the Informatics Core
- Creation of randomization schemes
- Data storage on file server in secure, HIPAA environment with nightly back-up
- Database creation and more extensive services provided on a % FTE basis
Software provided on/by Informatics Core:
- Web Applications
- Applications on PCs in CRC Workstation Room (Shepardson 216)
- MinMod Millenium (for analyzing minimal model - IVGTTs)
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. The
research team can create and design data entry forms and surveys in a web browser and engage
potential respondents using a variety of notification methods.
Advantages of REDCap:
- Secure, web-based, with authentication and data-logging (auditing)
- Free to REDCap Consortium members (UVM is a member)
- Fast and flexible to design and implement
- Multi-site access
- Export data & syntax to common stat packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R)
- 21 CFR Part 11 Capable
A UVM Medical Center computer account, which the Informatics Core Manager can assist you in obtaining, is necessary to access Informatics Core resources, such as the CCTS shared drive. Users on the UVM Medical Center computer network can access this shared drive directly. Access for remote users is provided securely via the UVM Medical Center "gateway". REDCap is housed on a secure server in the Larner College of Medicine Data Center, and is accessible from any location to users with a valid REDCap username and password.
If you wish to use REDCap, please fill out the REDCap Request Form.
Diantha Howard, M.S., Informatics Core Manager
Office: Given C421C, Tel. (802) 656-8287 (Tues through Friday only)