Study Highlights: Current research being conducted on the CRC.
Bibliography: Some publications resulting from research on the CRC
Areas of Interest
- Clinical Pharmacology: Phase I, II and III Drug Trials: Cystic Fibrosis; Dravet syndrome; Gastroparesis; Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis; Huntington’s Disease; Myasthenia Gravis; Solid Tumors
- Neuroscience/functional MRI: Relationship between circulating insulin and estrogen on cognition; Cognition after menopause; Effect of cancer therapy for early breast cancer on brain imaging and cognitive function; The effect of sugar on the brain in obese youth; Adolescent brain cognitive development.
- Metabolism: Palmitate metabolism and insulin resistance; Effect of milk fat on metabolic health markers; Natural history of perioperative metabolism.
- Neurology: Biomarkers in Alzheimer’s disease; ADHD; Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Obstetrics: Predisposition to Pre-eclampsia; Relationship between coagulation, inflammation and BMI in pregnancy.
- Substance Abuse: Financial incentives to smoking cessation in pregnant women;
- Vaccine Trials: Development of Dengue fever vaccine, West Nile vaccine and single dose Cholera vaccine.
- Nutrition: Healthy weight, healthy pregnancy.
- Oncology: Exercise in breast cancer survivors—predictors of fatigue/dyspnea and predictors of weight loss success;
- Musculoskeletal: Muscle disuse and contractile dysfunction in the elderly; Neuromuscular electrical stimulation as an alternative therapy to maintain muscle function following breast cancer treatment and following knee replacement for osteoarthritis.