To enroll in the University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine (LCOM), all students must:
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) immigration status.
- Agree to abide by the provisions of the Medical Student Handbook, including Tenets of Professionalism and the Student Honor Code.
- Provide evidence of graduation from all degree-bearing programs that were ongoing at the time of acceptance.
- Affirm that they can meet the technical standards of the LCOM, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Affirm familiarity with Medical Student Handbook Policy 130.00 Competencies and Medical Education Programmatic Objectives.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Provide documentation of immunization for communicable diseases and comply with all LCOM requirements for working in a health care environment. The Larner College of Medicine uses the Association of American Medical College’s (AAMC) Standardized Immunization Form to document their related records.
- Have active health insurance.
- Have a valid United States driver's license and access to a functional vehicle prior to the required clinical experiences that begin with Doctoring in Vermont (DIV).
Applicants officially become students of the LCOM on the first day of Orientation.
Applicability of the Policy
Admitted Applicants/Foundations Level Students
Related Larner College of Medicine Policies
Related University of Vermont Policies
Related Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) Standard(s)
- 10.5 Technical Standards
- 12.6 Student Health and Disability Insurance
- 12.7 Immunization Requirements and Monitoring
- 2/18/2014 Policy Adopted/Affirmed [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 8/16/2016 Policy Revised [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 3/17/2020 Reformatted [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 7/19/2022 Policy Edited [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 5/16/2023 Policy Revised [Medical Curriculum Committee]
Associate Dean for Admissions pre-matriculation; Associate/Assistant Dean for Students post-matriculation
Previous | Next