Transportation to and at Training Sites
Students are required to have access to personal transportation during all phases of the Vermont Integrated Curriculum (VIC).
All students must have a valid United States driver’s license and have access to an insured vehicle to meet this requirement. With respect to this travel requirement, students with disabilities who may seek an accommodation are responsible for requesting reasonable accommodations from the University in accordance with the UVM Accessibility Policy.
Students are not expected to travel to clinical sites in unsafe conditions. Students should avoid driving in conditions that may lead to loss of control—driving while sleepy or inattentive, or driving too fast for road conditions. If weather is inclement, students should delay travel until weather and road conditions improve. If students are driving a UVM owned or rented vehicle, they must comply with the UVM Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Use Policy.
Applicability of the Policy
All Medical Students
Related Larner College of Medicine Policies
Related University of Vermont Policies
Related Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) Standard(s)
- 5/20/2014 Policy Adopted/Affirmed [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 5/24/2016 Policy Revised [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 12/20/2016 Policy Revised [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 6/20/2017 Policy Revised [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 12/17/2019 Policy Revised [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 2/16/2021 Policy Edited [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 7/19/2022 Policy Revised [Medical Curriculum Committee]
Associate/Assistant Dean for Students
Previous | Next