LCOM Mentors Program
The LCOM Mentors Program pairs medical students who are members of groups underrepresented in medicine* with faculty members and/or residents who have common interests and goals.
The LCOM Mentors program is designed with the busy schedules of both faculty and medical students. The program supports mentor pairs through programmatic features such as training, social events, professional development tips, and workshops.
For more information contact:
Dr. Eileen CichoskiKelly, Academic Excellence Liaison in the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
*Underrepresented in Medicine includes those groups that are statistically underrepresented in medicine based on their numbers in the U.S. population and encompasses students who fall into any of the following categories:
- From racial or ethnic groups underrepresented in medicine, including Latinx, Hispanic, Black, African American, Alaska/Hawaii Native, Native American)
- From economically disadvantaged backgrounds
- In the first generation of those in their family to attend college
- Identify as having (a) disability(ies)
- Vermont residents from rural areas