UVM/UVM Medical Center Research Professionals Network
The Office of Clinical Trials Research and the Larner College of Medicine are pleased to announce the development of the UVM Research Professionals Network (RPN).
The development of the Research Professionals Network, in collaboration with Boston University, is an important initiative to our organizations and our overarching goal to enhance the quality of human/clinical research at UVM, UVM Medical Center and the UVM Health Network by supporting the professional development of clinical research faculty and staff.
Major objectives of the RPN are to:
- Provide professional development opportunities for research professionals through trainings, workshops, seminars, discussion groups, and other educational events
- Encourage mentoring and networking amongst research professionals within and outside of the UVM/ UVM Medical Center research community
- Support an effective, efficient system to keep network members up to date on changing policies and regulations
- Increase awareness and communication of best practices and innovation to promote participant recruitment, retention, and satisfaction
- Maximize satisfaction and productivity and efficiency of all members of the research team through sharing of resources
Membership in the UVM RPN is open to all UVM/UVM Medical Center/UVM Health Network research personnel involved in coordinating human/clinical research such as investigators, research managers, research supervisors, clinical research nurse, clinical research coordinators, research pharmacists, data managers/analysts, and research assistants.
Individuals interested in becoming a member of the UVM Research Professionals Network please sign up using this link.
2020-2021 RPN Workshop Series*
September 23, 2020
3:00 - 4:15 PM
|How we can improve scientific communication in clinical research using cultural competence: lessons from theTED stage**||Justine Nicholas, MS,
University of Florida ||Advanced|
October 21, 2020
3:00 - 4:15 PM
|Asking the Right Questions in Research Utilizing Surveys**||Jennifer Sikov, BA (BMC)
and Jessica De Leon, PhD (FSU)||Advanced|
|Remote and eConsent|
|Developing a Budget for Clinical Research|
|Data Collection Best Practices|
|Conducting Remote Study Visits|| || |
|GCP Overview and Jeopardy!|| || |
|Lead Site Responsibilities: Monitoring, Oversight, Communications|| || |
*RPN workshops are open to all members. Typically, advanced workshops will begin at a level that assumes attendees have some fundamental knowledge about the topic.
**CEUs will be made available to ACRP and SoCRA Certified staff needing continuing education credits to maintain certification.
Additional information and UVM/ UVM Medical Center research resources can be found on our Commons site, use the left navigation menu on the webpage to find our Research Events Calendar, Research Professionals Network and other research resources.
For more information regarding the UVM Research Professionals Network, please contact the Office of Clinical Trials via email or call 802-656-8990.