The University of Vermont Cancer Center hosts a scientific poster session at the Women's Health and Cancer Conference. Undergraduates, master’s students, medical students, and pre/post-docs from the University of Vermont and allied organizations
are invited to present posters on cancer-related research. As a benefit of UVM Cancer Center membership, we allow priority poster registration for members. This important event brings education and support to cancer survivors. As a researcher you
will have the opportunity to meet with cancer survivors and introduce your research.
Instructions for Posters
The poster board assigned to each presenter will be 60 inches wide by 40 inches high. Each presentation should contain a top panel listing, the title of the abstract, the names of the authors, and the institutional affiliations. The lettering in the section
should not be less than 1” high. A poster layout example is provided below.
All posters should be accompanied by a Poster Submission Form, which can be downloaded below.
We will assign a number to your abstract and pin or clip it on the poster board you are to use. Pins will be provided. Poster submissions and questions should be directed to Laura Gordon at (802) 656-2139.
deadline for poster submission for the 22nd Annual Women's Health and Cancer Conference is Friday September 27th.
- The poster board assigned to each presenter will be 60 inches wide by 40 inches high. Posters should adhere to size requirements (we will not be able to display posters wider than 60 inches.)
- Posters with outdated logos will not be accepted.
- Any research relevant to women's health and cancer may be displayed; existing posters (printed within the last two years) may be used.
- Researchers, or their designee, should be on hand from 8-9 AM on October 4th to discuss their research with conference attendees and possibly media.
- The lettering should be at least large, bold type- all type needs to be legible from a distance.
- Keep illustrations and tables simple.
- Lines in graphs should be heavy. Symbols, letters, and numbers should be large enough to be seen from a distance of 6’. Use of color may help.
- Posters should be printed on one piece of paper for ease of attachment.
- Posters should be delivered to Laura Gordon at the UVM Cancer Center (HSRF 316) by Wednesday, October 2nd.
Sample Poster Format: