The Wellness Committee
Wellness Committee Faculty Advisors:
- Dr. Nathalie Feldman
- Dr. Alison Fitzgerald
- Dr. Lee Rosen
- Dr. Michael Upton
Wellness Committee Staff Liaison: Julie Chiappinelli
The Wellness Committee serves to promote the health of the student body through educational and recreational events within UVM LCOM. The group runs monthly peer support group meetings, biannual mental health panels, provides confidential one-on-one
peer support, and can connect students to mental health resources within the university and the broader community. The committee continuously works to implement new ideas that promote the overall wellbeing of the student body, including monthly
free produce, summer and spring Creemee nights, and mindfulness mini-series.
View Wellness Committee Events under their Learning Commons Space (MED credentials required)...
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions,
please do not hesitate to reach out to any of your Wellness Committee Representatives.
Highlights March 2020 Meeting:
- Eating Disorder Awareness Panel: There will be an Eating Disorder Awareness lunch session hosted by the Wellness Committee on March 30th. We have a variety of panelists coming to share their experiences as health professionals. Fresh snacks provided.
- First Year End of the Year BBQ: First years should stay tuned for more information on the end of the year Wellness BBQ to celebrate completion of the first year of medical school!
- Science of Wellbeing: The Meditation and Mindfulness Student Interest Group has organized a lunch talk on Happiness and Burnout and the Science of Wellbeing that will take place on March 17th!
Highlights February 2020 Meeting:
- A new Dog SIG has been created. If you have a dog and want to join, or just like to play with dogs consider joining the SIG! There are opportunities to learn about fostering service dogs as well!
- Tea at Three events have been going on throughout January and will continue until the end of February! Wednesdays at 3:00pm M2s studying for STEP can stop by for tea, lots of snacks, and conversation!
- 4th Year Match Week Party. Current 4th years on the Wellness Committee are working on planning a party during Match Week to celebrate.
Highlights January 2020 Meeting:
- Therapy Dogs: a new dog SIG is starting up soon. Keep an eye out for chances to play with classmates’ dogs, as well as to learn about fostering service dogs!
- Walk with a Doc: There may be a new program in the works for medical students to enjoy walks in nature with doctors volunteering their time for student wellness!
- Additional Wellness Resources: The administration is working with the Wellness Committee to bring more therapy/wellness resources to LCOM students at all campuses.