2020 Student Ambassador Program
Faculty Advisors - Drs. Christa Zehle and Jan Gallant
The Larner College of Medicine (LCOM) Student Ambassador (SA) Program consists of members of each class who represent and promote the college of medicine during several college events and activities throughout the year. Such events and activities
may include Admission activities, Orientation for the incoming class, White Coat Ceremony, Family Day, Alumni events, and Graduation. Student ambassadors network and interact with prospective students, current students, faculty, staff, alumni,
donors, distinguished guests, and visitors at special events and activities. The student ambassadors become more knowledgeable about the history of the college and gain valuable leadership experience. They promote the college, establishing a positive
impression of LCOM and representing our mission of serving patients, the medical profession and the community.
Students are selected to serve as an LCOM SA at the end of the fall session, and they are expected to serve for a calendar year. The Admissions, Alumni, and Student Affairs teams provide ongoing leadership training to selected ambassadors. After training,
the students are expected to support at least 3 events a year and fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Along with their duties, the students must remain in good academic standing.
The team will accept applications until 11:59 pm on Sunday, October 27, 2019, after which the application survey automatically closes.
Applicants must be an enrolled medical student, in good academic standing. Good academic standing is defined in the Medical Student Handbook Policy 560.00 - Satisfactory Academic Progress and it's associated sub-policies:
- Volunteer at three LCOM special events and/or activities per year.
- If selected, a student ambassador commits to the Student Ambassador Program and fulfill all responsibilities for 1 calendar year (January - December).
- Respectfully represent LCOM in all areas of involvement.
- The following dates include functions that all members must attend unless granted an excused absence. Excused absences may include duties for another organization, an academic conflict, illness, or family emergency.
- New Student Ambassador Training (second Monday, in December)
Monday, December 9th, 2019, 5 PM – 7pm, in Med Ed 300 (Mimi Reardon Classroom)
- Fall and Spring Ambassador Meetings
(students may attend in person, in the Mimi Reardon Classroom/Med Ed 300, or remotely via Zoom)
- FALL (occurs the second Monday, in November): November 11, 2019, 5 - 6pm
- SPRING (occurs the fourth Wednesday, in April): April 22, 2020, 5 – 6pm
- FALL (occurs the second Monday, in November): November 09, 2020, 5 - 6pm
After the application deadline, the Student Ambassador Selection Committee will choose the Student Ambassadors for the upcoming academic year. Please be sure your application is complete and thorough as possible. Once the review committee reaches
a decision, students are notified via email.
- Michelle Bookless, PR and Events Manager
- Kiersten Hallquist, Student Services Coordinator
- Liz McElhinney, Assistant Director of Admissions
- Dan Suder, Alumni & Development