MEDICAL STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
Personal Finance Book Club:
The 2nd Friday of every month!
Beginning in January 2021, join Medical Student Financial Services to discuss some of the most highly-rated and well known personal finance books to date. All books are carefully chosen to ensure they have relevant information to students and/or future physicians.
This book group is part of our Financial Friday Series.
Until further notice, the group meets via Zoom. Post-COVID, you can choose if you would like to attend in person or via Zoom. Book group meets at 12 noon, ET.
We are looking forward to some great discussion! If you have a book suggestion, please let us know.
2021 BOOK TITLES AND DATES
Please follow the hyperlink to read book reviews and synopses.
|January 8, 2021||The Richest Man in Babylon|
|February 12, 2021||The Law of Divine Compensation (on work, money, and miracles)|
|March 12, 2021||The Total Money Makeover|
|April 9, 2021||Financial Residency: Create Your Financial Plan Without the Long Hours or Sleepless Nights|
|May 14, 2021||Why Didn't They Teach Me This in School? 90 Personal Money Management Principles to Live By|
|June and July||NO BOOK GROUP MEETING (4th years departed, Foundations students on vacation or summer research, and incoming students waiting for August matriculation)|
|August 13, 2021||The Millionaire Next Door|
|September 9, 2021||The White Coat Investor|
|October 8, 2021||The Financially Intelligent Physician: What They Didn't Teach You in Medical School|
|November 12, 2021||The Simple Path to Wealth|
|December 10, 2021||Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money|
ACCESSING THE BOOKS AFFORDABLY
- Check your local libraries (Howe UVM, Burlington, and/or your current town) for copies. Ask for not only hard copy, but also if it's available for e-checkout, such as "Libby". Fletcher Free Library in Burlington has eBook access through Hoopla and Overdrive. Or, Green Mountain Library Consortium has e-books.
- Consider splitting the cost with a peer.
- Visit the used book marketplace on Amazon or eBay - allow plenty of time for shipping!
- Check second-hand stores (UVMMC's Replays on Dorset St, local Goodwill Stores or ReSOURCE stores).
- If you buy new, choose paperback on Amazon rather than hard cover. Even better, support local, such as Phoenix Books.
- Consider the audible version if that delivery mode works for you.
- Email Medical Student Financial Services - we may have an extra copy to lend!