The IDeA program managed by NIGMS is pleased to announce the 2020 co-funding opportunity for investigators in IDeA-eligible states whose R01 or R15 applications scored well but fall just outside of an IC’s funding range. The IDeA program provides a maximum of $320K in total costs for each of the first two consecutive years of a selected award. Nominations are made by the NIH IC that has the primary assignment for the application. PIs wishing to be considered for IDeA co-funding should contact directly the program officer at the IC assigned to the application.
IDeA co-funding is conducted once per year, and the nomination period will close in early April. Final selections will be made in June of 2020. Please visit https://www.nigms.nih.gov/Research/DRCB/IDeA/Pages/IDeA-Co-funding.aspx for further information about this initiative.
NIGMS provides co-funding to support research project grant applications from investigators within IDeA-eligible states whose proposals received meritorious scores through the peer review process but fall short of the Institute’s or Center’s (IC) payline.
- R01 and R15 applications (either new or competing continuations) submitted by investigators from institutions within IDeA-eligible states and assigned to any NIH IC are eligible to be nominated for funding consideration.
- The NIH IC that has the primary assignment for the application determines which applications it will nominate for IDeA co-funding. Each IC must select meritorious applications that just fall short of the IC’s payline.
- PIs wishing to be considered for IDeA co-funding should contact the Program Officer (PO) assigned to the application directly.
- All PIs and performance sites must be in IDeA eligible states. If a PI moves to a non-IDeA state, the co-funded portion of the grant will be terminated.
- The IDeA program anticipates providing up to $320,000 in total costs for each of the first two years of a selected co-funding application.
- IDeA co-funding is conducted once per year. The nomination period typically opens in January or February and closes in early April.
- Co-funding selections are typically made in June or July.
For further details or questions about the IDeA Co-Funding initiative contact Dr. Federico Bernal.