The faculty members in the Hematology/Oncology Division maintain active clinical, translational, and epidemiology research programs.
Epidemiology / Public Health
- Thrombosis, Cardiovascular and Chronic Disease Epidemiology: Mary Cushman, M.D., M.Sc.; Neil Zakai, M.D., M.Sc.
- Breast Cancer Screening: Kim Dittus, M.D., Ph.D., Marie Wood, M.D.
- Cancer Genetics: Marc Greenblatt, M.D.; Marie Wood, M.D.; Wendy McKinnon, M.S.
- The Thrombosis, Hemostasis and Cancer Collaborative
The Hematology/Oncology Division in alliance with the University of Vermont Cancer Center and The University of Vermont Medical Center lead and participate in clinical trials in our region and nationally. Clinical research includes treatment and prevention protocols and investigator-initiated, cooperative group, and industry trials.
- Breast: Marie Wood, M.D.; Kim Dittus, M.D., Ph.D.; Chris Holmes, M.D., Ph.D.; Farrah Khan, M.D.
- Gastrointestinal: Steven Ades, M.D.; Marc Greenblatt, M.D.
- Genitourinary: Steven Ades, M.D.
- Leukemia: Chris Holmes, M.D., Ph.D.; Julian Sprague, M.D., Ph.D.
- Lung: Farrah Khan, M.D. Hibba tul Rehman, M.D.
- Lymphoma: Chris Holmes, M.D., Ph.D.; Julian Sprague, M.D., Ph.D.
- Nutrition and Exercise: Kim Dittus, M.D., Ph.D.; Patricia O'Brien, M.D.
- Thrombosis: Steven Ades, M.D.; Chris Holmes, M.D., Ph.D.
- Rare Tumors: Hibba tul Rehman, M.D.
Clinical Trials Cooperative Group Participation
Collaborations with researchers in other University of Vermont departments (including Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Psychology and Health Promotion) and with national and international colleagues increase available clinical and basic science projects. Biostatistical support is available through the University of Vermont Cancer Center.
Research activities carried out within the Division are supported by grants from the National Cancer Institute, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, the Department of Defense, the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, the Hemophilia and Thrombosis Research Society and industry collaborations