Financial Services for Medical Students
Our services for students begin with prospective students and continue on to help our alumni as they enter their residencies and beyond. We advise students on various aspects such as financing their medical education, debt management matters, and financial literacy. This includes:
- General Financial Aid Assistance
- Entrance Loan Counseling
- Creating and maintaining a personal budget to cover living expenses while enrolled
- Assistance with the organization and tracking of student loans using AAMC Medloans Organizer and NSLDS.
- Information on service based scholarship programs
- Mini workshops on tax preparation, building strong credit and avoiding identity theft
- Personalized one-on-one loan and debt counseling prior to graduation
- And more (see additional links to the right, within the Resources box)
It is our goal that students are aware of the financial tools available to help with financial well being during medical school and beyond.
The UVM Student Financial Services (SFS) department is located in the Waterman building on main campus. However, we are excited to provide a full-time SFS satellite office to serve the unique needs of medical students. The Medical Student Financial Services Coordinator (Kari Brayden) is available by phone, email, and Skype 7 days a week. Kari joins us on campus for certain events three to four times per year, and in-person appointments are available during those visits. Please reach out to Kari with any of your financial aid, loan, and account/billing needs.
Phone: (802) 656-9203
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Fax: (802) 656-4076