A place for collaboration and connection
The focus of health services research is on a health care structure and delivery that can be applied to decision-makers and care-delivery professionals.
Health Services Research asks questions beyond clinical outcomes, including delving into social factors, health organizational structures and processes affect access and cost of health care, and the patients’ quality of life. UVM health services researchers pull data from local, regional and national sources, including EHRs, insurance claims and surveys with the following in mind:
- Improve access to secondary data
- Build Health Services research infrastructure and create economies of scale
- Serve as health services research method resource
- Serve as an intellectual hub for faculty engaging in health services research
- Engage in nationally relevant research