February 9, 2024 by
Cardiovascular Research Institute of Vermont
The CVRI Board of Directors is requesting applications for new members for its Early Career Advisory Committee, which is tasked with identifying and addressing the needs of our Early Career scientists and involving them in CVRI’s cardiovascular-related activities.
Successful applicants will join an active committee involved in CVRI activities and benefit from close interactions with their peers and with senior investigators.
• Involve Early Career scientists in the activities of the Cardiovascular Research Institute of Vermont
• Reinforce the interest of Early Career scientists at UVM/UVMMC in academic medicine
• Identify and serve the needs of our cardiovascular science Early Career community
• Early Career scientists: PhD and medical students, postdocs, residents, clinical fellows undertaking research, and faculty within 4 years of their first appointment
• Interest or involvement in cardiovascular-related research
• Attend monthly committee meetings and participate in events (~3-5 hours per month)
• Organize and attend networking and career development activities
• Organize and attend journal clubs and other CVRI events
2 years, which may be renewed once by CVRI
Please submit as one PDF your letter of intent, a recommendation letter from your mentor, and your CV by March 31 to CVRI-VT@med.uvm.edu.