Plan an Activity
- Decide on activity goals and target audience
- If 2 or more professions, please consider making this an Interprofessional activity
- Will there be an opportunity to learn with and about each other (examples: presenters from various professions; question and answer session; panel discussion; if enduring-discussion board)
- Designed to change performance of the team and/or patient outcomes
- Create your planning committee
- Make sure you have someone from each target audience group you wish to award credit to.
- If applying for nursing credit, please include a nurse on the planning committee and have an approved nurse educator review for content. CLICK HERE for list of reviewers
- Document your meetings - please CLICK HERE for required information
- Define Gap
- Why is this training needed?
- What is currently happening and what would your ideal be?
- Example: Infection rate in hospitalized patients has increased (hospital data documents gap), research has found that handwashing before and after entering a patient’s room will decrease infections (journal article documents gap)
- Upload gap documentation with your application
- By the end of this educational activity, learners should be able to…
- The objectives for the program should fit everyone on the team (patient outcomes) but you can still have individual objectives for each specialty.
- Please ask the planners if they have any possible conflicts at the beginning of the planning process. Let them know that they will need to complete an online disclosure form (notification will be sent when you start completing the application)
- All faculty (speakers) and planners need to be entered into the application leadership tab. Please review all disclosures to make sure there are no conflicts of interest
- Complete either a Monitoring Form (RSS programs) CLICK HERE for UVM/UVMMC or CLICK HERE Non UVM/UVMMC Conference Disclosure Form CLICK HERE and upload with your application
- Conflict of Interest
- If any of your planners or speakers has a possible conflict of interest, please CLICK HERE for the Conflict of Interest (COI) Resolution form
- Measurement process 3-4 months after the activity
- How will you measure the success of your program after its completion?
- Examples: Revisit hospital data or survey your learners to see if they have made/seen changes after participating in the learning activity
- Please ask your learners: One goal of this conference is to educate and transform collaborative care. To that end, please tell us whether this education has enhanced your team’s care in treating patients with _________?
- If “yes”, please describe the change that was made as a result of the education.
- Brochure/Marketing Piece
Please make sure to upload any advertisement you wish to use. Any mention of credit will need to be pre-approved before you distribute.
In order to receive your credit/certificate, you must
log in to your My Credits account within 30 days of the activity and attest to
your attendance. Some activities will also require you to complete a
2018 Coordinator's Training Manual Presentation
Accreditation Statement *UPDATED 8/24/17*
Commercial Support Agreement Form
Conflict of Interest Resolution Form
Grand Rounds Monitoring Form UVM
Grand Rounds Monitoring Form Regional Hospital
Sample Exhibitor Form
Nurse Educators *UPDATED 6/1/18*
Conference Attendee Directions Template
Planning Committee Minute Guidelines 2018
Definition of Commercial Support
Standards for Commercial Support
Enduring Materials Planning Guide and Checklist
2012 CMIE Survey on Provider Barriers
2012 CMIE Survey on Provider Challenges
2015 CMIE Survey on IPE Topic Suggestions
2015 CMIE Survey on Barriers by Provider Type
Effective Use of ARS (Audience Response Systems)
Guidelines for Writing Educational Objectives
Level II Gap Assessment Sample
Level III Gap Assessment Sample
The ACCME's Essential Areas and Their Elements
Tips for Successful Needs Assessment/Gap Analysis
Sample Performance Gaps and Desired Outcomes
Gap Assessment Survey
Gap Assessment Template
Coordinator's Training Manual Presentation