Plan an Activity
The application to apply for credit is all electronic. Once you have created an account in the MyCredits Portal, you will find the application on the left side of the page in My Applications. Directions on how to complete the application can be reviewed in the CMIE MyApplication Module 2019. Please use the Application Checklist to make sure all necessary items have been completed/uploaded. CLICK HERE for the Application checklist.
Please note that applications are due 30 days prior to the start of the activity. If it is not within that deadline, but within 10 business days of the activity, there will be a rush fee of $500. Applications received less than 10 business days, will not be considered.
Before You Begin an Application
- Decide on activity goals and target audience
- If 2 or more professions, please consider making this an Interprofessional activity
- Will there be an opportunity to learn with and about each other (examples: presenters from various professions; question and answer session; panel discussion; if enduring-discussion board)
- Designed to change skills/strategy, performance of the team and/or patient outcomes
Create your planning committee
- Make sure you have someone from each target audience group you wish to award credit to
- Document your meetings, please use the Planning Committee Summary Form and upload with your application. Please CLICK HERE for the form.
- Define Gap
- Why is this training needed?
- What is currently happening and what would your ideal be?
- Example: Infection rate in hospitalized patients has increased (hospital data documents gap), research has found that handwashing before and after entering a patient’s room will decrease infections (journal article documents gap)
- Upload gap documentation with your application
- By the end of this educational activity, learners should be able to…
- The objectives for the program should fit everyone on the team (patient outcomes) but you can still have individual objectives for each specialty.
- Please ask the planners if they have any possible conflicts at the beginning of the planning process. Let them know that they will need to complete an online disclosure form.
- All faculty (speakers) and planners need to be entered into the application leadership tab (a notification will be sent to them to complete their disclosure once added to the application). Please review all disclosures to make sure there are no conflicts of interest (do this by clicking on the words financial disclosure under their name).
- Complete either a Monitoring Form (RSS programs) CLICK HERE for UVM/UVMMC or CLICK HERE Non UVM/UVMMC and upload with your application.
- For Conference Disclosure Form CLICK HERE and upload with your application
- Conflict of Interest
- If any of your planners or speakers has a possible conflict of interest, please CLICK HERE for the Conflict of Interest (COI) Resolution form complete and upload with your application.
- Measurement process 3-4 months after the activity
- How will you measure the success of your program after its completion?
- Examples: Revisit hospital data or survey your learners to see if they have made/seen changes after participating in the learning activity
- Please ask your learners: One goal of this conference is to educate and transform collaborative care. To that end, please tell us whether this education has enhanced your team’s care in treating patients with _________?
- If “yes”, please describe the change that was made as a result of the education.
- Brochure/Marketing Piece
- Please make sure to upload any advertisement you wish to use. Any mention of credit will need to be pre-approved before you distribute.
In order to receive your credit/certificate, you must
log in to your My Credits account within 30 days of the activity and attest to
your attendance. Some activities will also require you to complete a
CMIE MyApplication Module 2019
Application Checklist 2019
Planning Committee Minutes Form
Sample QR Code Announcement
Accreditation Statement *UPDATED 4/23/19*
Conflict of Interest Resolution Form
Grand Rounds Monitoring Form UVM
Monitoring Form Disclosure Slide
Grand Rounds Monitoring Form Regional Hospital
Sample Exhibitor Form
Commercial Support Agreement Form
Nurse Educators for Planning
Conference Attendee Directions Template
Definition of Commercial Support
Standards for Commercial Support
Enduring Materials Planning Guide and Checklist
Gap Assessment Template
Sample QR Code Announcement
2015 CMIE Survey on IPE Topic Suggestions
2015 CMIE Survey on Barriers by Provider Type
Effective Use of ARS (Audience Response Systems)
Guidelines for Writing Educational Objectives
The ACCME's Essential Areas and Their Elements
Tips for Successful Needs Assessment/Gap Analysis
Sample Performance Gaps and Desired Outcomes