Neurology for the Non-Neurologist Conference
October 26, 2018
DoubleTree by Hilton, South Portland, Maine
The Neurology for the Non-Neurologist conference offers the most up-to-date information regarding the treatment of neurologic problems in the primary care setting. This conference focuses on how to diagnose and treat common neurological disorders, order and interpret appropriate diagnostic studies, and provide a guide for therapy and appropriate patient care.
Primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, along with any other medical professionals with an interest in neurology are invited to attend.
1. Identify common headache conditions and determine appropriate workup and treatment options.
2. Determine diagnostic criteria for neuro-infectious disorders in the primary care setting.
3. Recognize common presentations of MS and when to refer to neurology.
4. Discuss important issues in caring for persons with opioid addiction and neurological conditions.
5. Summarize the important components of caring for the patient with dementia.
6. Evaluate the patient with dizziness.
7. Discuss the updated guidelines for the management of patients with epilepsy.
8. Demonstrate an understanding of the focused neurological exam.
In support of improving patient care, The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Vermont designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should
claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 6.5 Nursing Contact Hours.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
Determination of Pharmacotherapeutic credit is pending.
This conference includes 1 credit in Hospice, Palliative Care, Pain Management.
The conference syllabus will be available as an electronic download with presentations as PDF files. Please bring your laptop/electronic device to view presentations as well as to complete the electronic conference evaluations. You will receive a notification via email prior to the conference start date with instructions for accessing the presentations. Printed syllabus, paper evaluations, and paper certificates will no longer be available.
- $195 Physicians
- $150 Other Health Professionals
This fee includes course syllabus via electronic download, breakfast, lunch and breaks. Course fills quickly and space is limited, please register early.
Refunds, minus an administrative fee of $50, will be made only if notice of cancellation is received, in writing, by October 1, 2018. No refunds are possible after that date.
Please CLICK HERE to register.