Early in the Clerkship Level each student is assigned a specific pager. Students accepting pager assignments agree to abide by the terms of this policy as listed below, with the understanding that they are responsible for pagers assigned to them and
that the pager is assigned to them for a limited time.
- Pagers are intended for use by the assigned student only and should not be given to other students for their use.
- Students are responsible for returning the pager when they cease to be enrolled at the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont. Pagers must be returned prior to graduation. Unneeded pagers can be returned to Office
of Medical Student Education (OMSE) at any time.
- Lost, stolen, broken or misused pagers are the responsibility of the assigned student. A replacement fee at current market price for pagers and for sleeves will be automatically billed to the student’s account unless otherwise arranged.
As per University policy, UVM reserves the right to withhold registration material, the diploma, degree, and all information regarding the record,
including transcript, of any student who is in arrears in the payment of tuition, fees, or other charges.
When assigned, the Office of Medical Student Education (OMSE) will record identifying pager information in the student's electronic academic history file.
OMSE will ensure that student names and pager numbers are given to appropriate staff at UVMMC. Please note that neither Telecom nor UVMMC Provider Access Service (PAS) will accept pager updates, except in emergency situations.
When a pager is returned to OMSE, the student's electronic academic history file will be updated to reflect this. This electronic notation serves as proof of receipt for the student. Pagers left in the Office without receipt noted will be considered
lost and students charged a replacement fee as listed above.
Applicability of the Policy
Clerkship and Advanced Integration Levels
Related Larner College of Medicine Policies
Related University of Vermont Policies
Related Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) Standard(s)
- 2/16/2016 Policy Adopted/Affirmed [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 4/18/2016 Policy Edit [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 8/20/2019 Policy Revised [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 1/21/2020 Reformatted [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 2/16/2021 Policy Edited [Medical Curriculum Committee]
Level Director of Clinical Clerkship
Previous | Next