Rural Research Navigators:
Rural Research Navigators at both MaineHealth and the University of Vermont facilitate and encourage research that engages communities. In addition to connecting community members and stakeholders with other Research Navigators, they also:
- Conduct community needs assessments
- Connect researchers, clinicians, & communities with shared interests
- Educate communities about clinical & translational research
- Educate researchers about community priorities
- Facilitate collaboration between communities & institutions
"We connect clinicians and providers with the resources here at the NNE-CTR in all of our cores to enable them to successfully produce a study or paper. We act as the traffic controller for all those moving parts."
- Nancy Kaplan, Rural Research Navigator, UVM
Learn more about their services here.