HAVENPlus Course @ UVMLCOM
Welcome to the UVMLCOM community! The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont places your health, safety, and academic success as our highest priority. With this in mind, UVM requires every new incoming student to take the HavenPlus online program. The program uses evidenced-based research to teach students about sexual misconduct. Whether you encounter misconduct or not, HAVENPlus will help empower you to make informed choices.
Over 500,000 students across the country complete these courses each year.
To fulfill the requirement:
Complete the HavenPlus course ONLINE Between June 01 (launch date) and July 01. A link to the training will be made available June 01, prior to your matriculation.
Students access the HAVENPlus Training via the myUVM Portal (using their UVM NetID and Password).
This should take less than one hour to complete. The course ends with an exam and a survey.
Part II (OPTIONAL - this is evaluation/research data for the training developers)
You will be prompted to complete a follow-up to Haven 45 days after you complete Part 1; this follow-up will take approximately 15 minutes.
Part III - Course-Debriefing Session
The Office of Medical Student Education has scheduled debriefing sessions during the Fall Semester, as part of the Class of 2022 PCR Curriculum:
- Tuesday, September 25, 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM (for Thursday PCR groups)
- Thursday, September 27, 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM (for Tuesday PCR groups)
These sessions give students a safe and confidential space to process and discuss what you learned or thought during and after taking the online training course.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course(s) in multiple sittings.
- Note: Should your internet session time out or get interrupted, the course will resume where you left off when you sign back into the system.
- The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
If you are having technical issues with the Haven online course you should contact the Online Technical Support Center by clicking the “HELP” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every screen (in the drop-down menu when you click your name). The Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You may also explore this Troubleshooting document
If you have problems with your UVM email address or password call the UVM Help Desk at 802-656-2604.