Customized Physiology and Imaging Core
The Customized Physiology and Imaging Core (CPIC) is part of the Vermont Center for Cardiovascular and Brain Health, and is designed to support VCCBH as well as campus-wide investigators. The CPIC’s suite of imaging systems are primarily designed
to explore living systems, including in vivo, tissue, and cell culture preparations. We maintain a 3D printing setup for fabricating specialized live-imaging chambers and other devices. Each imaging system can be equipped with a perfusion setup, and
electrophysiology equipment is available for paired data collection. This Core provides high-level pre- and post-experiment technical and analytical support and training. The CPIC works in close collaboration with the Microscopy Imaging Center (
and shares a common scheduling platform, iLab.
Services offered include microscopy instrumentation training and imaging project consultation with Mr. Todd Clason, electrophysiology consultation with Dr. Tom Heppner,
3D modeling and fabrication consultation with Dr. Gerald Herrera, and image processing and analysis consultation with Dr. Grant Hennig.
- Microscopy instrumentation training and imaging project consultation with Mr. Todd Clason
- Eelectrophysiology consultation with Dr. Tom Heppner
- 3D modeling and fabrication consultation with Dr. Gerald Herrera
- Image processing and analysis consultation with Dr. Grant Hennig
Request for services
- Please email Todd Clason.
- Project Directors—are provided extensive access to Core C’s imaging, electrophysiology, 3D printing and image processing infrastructure. Mr. Clason coordinates training and ongoing support for these systems, which are
complementary for PD’s and their staff.
- Pipeline Investigators—are provided complimentary training and support for Core C infrastructure. Hourly charges for imaging will be set at rates established by the MIC.
- Pilot Project Investigators—will also receive complimentary training and support on imaging equipment. They will budget from their grants for the “self-independent” rate in iLab for hourly imaging charges set by
- Non-VCCBH Investigators-- wishing to use Core C for ongoing imaging studies will be charged rates established in coordination with the MIC center.
All users must include this text in manuscripts: We appreciate the support and guidance of investigators from the Study Design and Molecular Epidemiology Core of the Vermont Center for Cardiovascular and Brain Health. Funding was provided by P20 GM135007
from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) of NIH.