Larner College of Medicine Facts & Figures
The college received thousands of applications for 120 positions in the Class of 2022, who began their first year in August 2018.
Class of 2022
Admissions is highly selective, from a pool of 5,629 applicants, Larner College of Medicine enrolled 119 students in the class of 2022.
- Median undergraduate GPA: 3.7
- In-State Students: 28
- Out of State Students: 91
- Men: 34%
- Women: 66%
- Most diverse college on the UVM campus
Class of 2018 Graduates
Class of 2018 graduates went on to residencies across the nation, including, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Boston University, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, University of Michigan, University of Vermont Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Hospital, UC San Francisco, Duke, and Virginia Tech.
- Number of living alumni of the College: 4,568
- Percentage of Alumni in New England: 46%
- Approximate percentage of Vermont physicians educated or trained at the Larner College of Medicine and/or UVM Medical Center: 38%
- Percentage of Alumni who contribute philanthropically: 31%
(Market Value as of June 2016)
- Faculty and Department Support: $100,442,976
- Financial Aid: $45,221,355
- Total Endowment Value: $145,664,331
Research funding at the Larner College of Medicine has increased 300 percent in the last decade, to more than $82 million annually.
- Basic Science: 4
- Clinical: 11
Total Area: 553,000 GSF
- Given Building: 196,000 GSF
- Health Science Research Facility: 110,000 GSF
- Courtyard at Given: 31,000 GSF
- Robert Larner, M.D. Medical Education Center: 44,000 GSF
- Stafford Hall: 70,000 sq. ft.
- Colchester Research Facility: 72,000 GSF
- DeGoesbriand: 30,000 GSF