SURG 200 - Introduction to Emergency Medicine Research
Learn the foundations of human subjects research and the flow of the UVMMC Emergency Department in this 4 credit intro course
- Offered Fall and Spring semesters
- Pre-requisites: Minimum sophomore class standing and instructor permission
- Post-bac students are welcome
- 2 lectures per week focused on the foundations of clinical research
Clinical Research Lab:
- Shadow physicians, nurses, PA’s, EMTs, and EMS in the emergency department
- Learn blood processing skills in a research laboratory
- Learn how to obtain informed consent from standardized patient in the simulation lab
- Grand Rounds events & Journal Club
Labs are scheduled after registration is complete. Expect to have 4 hours of clinical lab time per week.
If you wish to enroll in SURG200 next semester, you must receive an override. Please fill out this form to request an override.