Teaching & Learning Resources
Finding Our Common Ground
Finding Our Common Ground is a framework for integrating cultural competency throughout the UVM College of Medicine by drawing connections between our stated vision, mission and other guiding principles, developing a common language and understanding of diversity and inclusion as drivers of excellence. While the ongoing development of cultural competency is essential to effective medical practice, it is also an essential component to being a member of a diverse community, such as the University of Vermont.
- Diversity 3.0 Learning Series
The AAMC Diversity Policy and Programs provides a series of online, on-demand video resources on a range of diversity and inclusion topics. The Diversity 3.0 Learning Series includes interviews with thought leaders and experts, faculty career development webinars, guidance on institutional strategic planning and culture and climate assessment, and presentations on innovative programs at AAMC member institutions.
Implicit & Unconscious Bias
- Kirwan Institute Implicit Bias Training Modules - This course will introduce you to insights about how our minds operate and help you understand the origins of implicit associations. You will also uncover some of your own biases and learn strategies for addressing them. Each module is divided into a short series of lessons, many taking less than 10 minutes to complete. That way, even if you’re pressed for time, you can complete the lessons and modules at your convenience.
- Project Implicit Website
Project Implicit is a non-profit organization and international collaboration between researchers who are interested in implicit social cognition - thoughts and feelings outside of conscious awareness and control. The goal of the organization is to educate the public about hidden biases and to provide a �virtual laboratory� for collecting data on the Internet
Health & Medicine Related Documentaries
- Worlds Apart
- The Culture of Emotions
- Race: The Power of an Illusion
- Unnatural Causes: Is Inequality Making Us Sick?
- Audism Unveiled
- Soul Food Junkies
- and many more...please inquire with the Office of Diversity & Inclusion
Racial and Ethnic Diversity
Women in the Classroom
LGBTQ People in the Classroom
Inclusion in the Classroom
Non-Traditional Medical Students