Plan an Activity
The application to apply for credit is all electronic. Once you have created an account in the MyCredits Portal,
please click on the dashboard icon in the top left of the screen and select My Applications. Please use the Application Checklist to make sure all necessary items have been
Please note that applications are due 30 days prior to the start of the activity. If it is not within that deadline, but within 10 business days of the activity, there will be a rush fee of $500. Applications received less than 10 business
days, will not be considered.
Before You Begin an Application
- Decide on activity goals and target audience
- If 2 or more professions, please consider making this an Interprofessional activity
- Will there be an opportunity to learn with and about each other (examples: presenters from various professions; question and answer session; panel discussion; if enduring-discussion board)
- Designed to change skills/strategy, performance of the team and/or patient outcomes
- Create your planning committee and immediately collect their disclosures (see below)
- Make sure you have someone from each target audience group you wish to award credit to
- Document your meetings, please use the Planning Committee Summary Form and upload with your application.
- Define Gap
- Why is this training needed?
- What is currently happening and what would your ideal be?
- Example: Infection rate in hospitalized patients has increased (hospital data documents gap), research has found that handwashing before and after entering a patient’s room will decrease infections (journal article documents gap)
- Upload gap documentation with your application
- By the end of this educational activity, learners should be able to…
- The objectives for the program should fit everyone on the team (patient outcomes) but you can still have individual objectives for each specialty.
- Please ask the planners if they have any possible conflicts at the beginning of the planning process. Let them know that they will need to complete an online disclosure form.
- All faculty (speakers) and planners need to be entered into the application leadership tab (a notification will be sent to them to complete their disclosure once added to the application). Please review all disclosures to make sure there are no conflicts of interest (do this by clicking on the words financial disclosure under their name).
- Complete a Monitoring Form UVM/UVMMC
or Non UVM/UVMMC and
upload with your application.
- For Conference Disclosure Form CLICK HERE
and upload with your application
- Conflict of Interest
- Measurement process 1 month after the activity
- How will you measure the success of your program after its completion?
- Examples: Revisit hospital data or survey your learners to see if they have made/seen changes after participating in the learning activity
- Please ask your learners: One goal of this conference is to educate and transform collaborative care. To that end, please tell us whether this education has enhanced your team’s care in treating patients with _________?
- If “yes”, please describe the change that was made as a result of the education.
- Brochure/Marketing Piece
- Please make sure to upload any advertisement you wish to use. Any mention of credit will need to be pre-approved before you distribute.
In order to receive your credit/certificate, you must
log in to your My Credits account within 30 days of the activity and attest to
your attendance. Some activities will also require you to complete a