The Vermont Educational Loan Repayment (ELR) Program uses REDCap (a secure web-based application that supports data capture and data management) to allow applicants to submit ELR applications.
2023 Application is Closed - Application Deadline: May 19, 2023
Before you apply, please review the following:
Are you eligible?
- Are you eligible for ELR? To determine eligibility, review the 2023 Overview and Eligibility document thoroughly
- Carefully understand all the program requirements, penalties, and consequences of breaching a service commitment contract
Prepare your documents:
- Be prepared to submit copies of your current, unpaid U.S. educational loan balance(s). Gather your educational loan debt information to determine your total U.S. educational loan debt and current monthly payment.
- Be prepared to submit a brief statement about why you have chosen to practice in a Vermont community, or in the specialty care area in which you work. Include:
- Career goals and plans
- Contributions you make to your practice and patient care, including underserved and vulnerable populations
- Contributions you make to training the next generation of health professionals (i.e., serving as a preceptor, job shadow opportunities for youth, working with AHEC’s youth programs, etc.).
Name your documents:
- Before uploading your files, please ensure the files are in PDF format and the file names include your last name, first name, and the type of file you are uploading (i.e., Doe_Jane_Lender Statement).
The application process:
- After you begin the application, at any time, you can save and return later
- The application process for all applicant types takes approximately twenty minutes to complete
After the application is submitted:
- After submitting the application, you will receive a confirmation email (if you do not receive it, check your spam/junk email folder(s)
- Your confirmation email confirms we have received the application and provides a link to the Employer Section E application (required)
- Award notifications will be made in summer 2023 (estimated)
DISCLAIMER: Email is our primary mode of communication for the Educational Loan Repayment Program notifications or requests. For your information security, we ask that completed forms and documents that contain sensitive personal information are printed and mailed to us via the U.S. Postal Service. If you receive a suspicious email request from this office, contact us at 802-656-2658 to verify the request prior to responding. Our office will never ask you to send sensitive information via email.