The Interview Day
Your interview day begins at 10:00 am Eastern Time with a welcome and overview of our curriculum and an orientation to the day. Your interview will take place via Zoom and the Kira Talent platform. You will be emailed login information a few days before your interview.
You can expect to:
- Meet with the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont faculty, staff, and students
- Participate in a MMI circuit where you will speak with several interviewers
- Have a chance to demonstrate your teamwork and communication skills
- Learn about UVM's award-winning Vermont Integrated Curriculum
- Learn about UVM's clinical options for Clerkship and the selection process. After your interview day you will be asked to choose which of our two clinical campuses you would prefer to attend. Selection must be made within two weeks of your interview. Please visit the "Before Your Interview" tab on our secondary application website to learn more about our curriculum, clinical campuses, and active learning educational model.
Most applicants interviewing for medical school choose to wear business attire, such as a business suit. We know that historically applicants have felt that wearing a suit was required (or at least encouraged) during medical school interviews. We have altered our recommended attire for our interviews to business casual, i.e., a blouse or collared shirt. If you prefer wearing a suit, that is acceptable.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about Interview Day. We look forward to meeting you!
Interviews can be rescheduled due to extenuating circumstances, please contact the Office of Medical Student Admissions.
Post Interview Status
The Admissions Committee reviews applications several times per month. You will be notified of your application status via email after the Admissions Committee's decision. Applicants are notified on a rolling basis on or after October 16. Early Decision applicants will receive notification on October 2.
Committee decisions are: